Diverging walls encompass Mali Ston on the north with the tower of Koruna, consisting of four smaller towers resembling a crown, from which it gets its name.The spacious courtyard contains a large cistern and the captain's house.In the lower fenced part of the settlement, the bishop's summer house was later built, along with the parish church of St Joseph. This parish church contains the painted wooden statue of St Anthony the Hermit, a Venetian work of the late 16th century, and a painting of the Crucifix with Saints. A large bell from the 14th century can be found in the loggia in the bell-tower. The transverse rows of houses continue from here forming narrow streets according to typical town-plans of the Gothic period.Most of the simple dwellings follow a similar pattern, together with the town gate which contains a relief of St Blaise. The town is exited through this gate to the open square of the port which is defended by a wall that ends at the cylindrical tower of Toljevac and a breakwater dating to 1491.Oyster cultivation has existed for several centuries and Mali Ston has been awarded many prizes and medals at various world exhibitions for these succulent delicacies. Mali Ston has become famous for "the" place to eat oysters.